My husband is usually impossible to buy for. But this year, we have a new home and many, MANY blank walls to be filled. Several of those blank walls just happen to be in his office.
Although I’d love to fill them with gorgeous abstracts or watercolors, I wanted this room to feel as cozy and “man-cave like” as possible.
Have you heard of their patent search?
It’s my new favorite past time and my go-to source for artwork for offices or children’s rooms. The best part? It is completely customizable to what your family loves and cost nearly nothing.
Here’s your step by step:
1. Go here: https://patents.google.com/
2. Search anything you’d like. There’s a patent for anything and everything you can think of. And I do mean anything….
3. Set parameters for your search: I like to set the search older patents for a truly vintage feel.
Since Michael loves sailing, playing the guitar and biking, my searches were easy!
4. Find your perfect patent & save to a jump drive.
5. Take this to an office supply store and they’ll print any size you like.
(I paid less than a dollar for each of my 11×17 prints.)
6. Pop your art into a frame, and you’re done!
(I used IKEA’s RIBBA frames; but any goodwill frame will do!)
Eventually when they are hung, I’d love to suspend them from the ceiling with big chunky rope something like this: